Friday, February 4, 2011

Let The Adventures Begin!

Many moons ago, I traveled to the Bahamas for work. When a group of friends and I decided that we wanted to spend spring break somewhere warm (we were in chilly Boston) I suggested Harbour Island. I had first gone there when I was hired to be a nanny for a family who had rented a house on the island. I was there for three weeks and when I had the opportunity to return, I convinced my friends to come along.

When I returned,  I wanted to capture the beautiful blue water and the smooth pink sand that make Harbour Island famous. The beach stretched for miles and because we had wandered off to the North side of the island we had the beach all to ourselves. We laid out our towels and waded in the warm ocean, soaking up all the glorious sun. I was able to walk out quite a distance and the water did not go past my knees. I sat down, leaned back and floated around listening to the waves. I  looked up and realised that my toes were popping out. All I could see were miles of isolated beach, beautiful aqua blue waters and my ten little piggies.

I had bought this cheepy disposable camera and decided there was no harm taking it out into the water. I leaned back and snapped the picture. It was the days before digital and when I developed the photos, it took me back to that fantastic day. It made me realize that I had captured a beautiful setting, one that should have been reserved to fill the whole frame but this shot had included a little piece of me. A little piece of me that would always remind me that I was there........... and this is how the traveling toes began.

1 comment:

CDS said...

I look forward to your adventures!!